Why do I need a virtual ID and what can I do with it?
Your virtual ONEcard acts as your student identification. You'll need one if you are attending classes remotely.
- Access student discounts
- Anywhere you are asked to produce student identification off campus
- Writing off campus exams
Who can get a virtual ONEcard?
You can get a virtual ONEcard if you are registered in the Fall 2020 semester. If you are registered for Winter 2020, your Virtual ONEcard will be available starting January 1.
How do I get my virtual ONEcard?
View the how to access your virtual ONEcard video or follow the steps below to set up your Virtual ONEcard. If you have submitted your photo and have registered in a Fall 2020 class, you can view your Virtual ONEcard starting August 24, 2020.
- Open or Download the MyUAlberta app on your Apple or Android phone
- Find MyONEcard and tap My Virtual ONEcard
- When you tap My Virtual ONEcard for the first time, you will be redirected to your device’s app store to download the TouchNet Onecard mobile app
- Once installed, agree to the terms and search for Alberta
- Select University of Alberta
- Log in with your CCID and password
- To view your Virtual ONEcard, choose View Card
Having difficulties? Visit our troubleshooting guide.
When do I need a physical card and how do I get it?
If you're required to be on campus, you will need to get a physical ONEcard.
For more information about ONEcard for Fall 2020, please check our frequently asked questions.