How do I print on campus?
Use your ONEcard to print, copy, or scan in campus computer labs and libraries. Once your printing is sent, you can pick it up from any of our printing locations.
Where are the printers located?
For a map of printer locations, visit this map.
What does printing and photocopying cost?
- $0.12 per side for black and white
- $0.35 per side for colour
Deposits to your ONEcard can be made at onecard.ualberta.ca.
There is no fee to scan.
All printers are set to print in black and white by default—this will avoid any overcharge for pages with only the slightest bit of colour. But don't worry! You can manually change to colour printing by following these steps.
- Select Print and then Print using system dialog... (Ctrl+Shift+P)
- Select Preferences
- Under Printing Options, where it says Xerox Black and White, choose Off (Use Document Colour) and click OK.
Can I print from my laptop?
Yes, you can use Google Cloud Print to print from any personal laptops.
- Log into your UAlberta email account from Chrome. Open a Google doc and select File > Print
- Change the destination to ONEcardCloudPrint and proceed
- Pick your print job up at any campus printer by swiping or tapping your ONEcard and selecting the option to PRINT, COPY, or SCAN
What types of documents can I cloud print?
You can print any of the Google Applications including: Docs, Sheets, Forms, Slides, and Sites as well as any PDF. For more information on Google Cloud Print, see this site.
Can I print another type of document?
Yes! To print items outside of Google Drive, you will need to install the campus print drivers on your laptop.
Please keep the following in mind before installing the drivers:
- We only support 64-bit Windows clients
- You must uninstall the former ONEcard print software (Pharos) before installing the new print drivers
How to uninstall the former Windows print driver
- Navigate to your Control Panel > Programs > Features
- Select Pharos
- Choose Uninstall
- Restart your computer
- You may now install the new Windows driver!
- Navigate to your Library > Application Support > Pharos > Utilities
- In the Finder, double-click the icon labelled Uninstaller
- One the uninstaller launches, select Popupin the list of programs to uninstall
- You may be prompted for your password
- You may now install the new Mac driver!
- When the installer completes, choose Cancel (as below) and restart your device before printing
When printing from any application, you will be directed to the ONEPrinter as your destination printer. Select this printer and send your job to the queue as above.
Can I scan documents?
Yes! Choose EMAIL to scan directly to your University of Alberta email account.
Do I need to pick up my print job immediately?
No. Jobs are securely held for 4 hours and can be retrieved at the printer when you present your ONEcard.